01) Doughnut or donut, however you want to spell it, I’d be happy if I never had to see or (better yet!) make another one again for as long as I live. Working in a bakery has now made me hate both cookies and donuts. Ugh.
02) My next confession is one of fear. I’ve been fighting a toothache for the last week and a half and finally had to get some antibiotics (Hey, blame the British teeth that run in the family – sorry Brits!). Anyway, it turns out that I am also allergic to Doxycycline – I say this as I lustily scratch the hives that have broken out on my legs – which makes the total FIVE major antibiotics that I am allergic too. Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Clindamycin, Erythromycin and now Doxycycline. The only one I know that I can still take is Bactrim and my confession is that I’m worried what happens when I eventually develop a resistance to it. I joked about it earlier on Facebook, but I had a flash panic thought that I’ll end up dying because I get a stupid infection and cant take anything to fight it. I hate my body sometimes…
03) As part of the care for my toothache and infection, I was given Vicodin. Oh, heavenly Vicodin. How I love you. and I will admit that while in a very stoned Vicodin stupor, I ate an entire pint of raspberries in about 10 seconds. I also apparently woke up in the middle of the night, walked out into the living room and accused my roommate of going on a Hawaiian or Bermuda vacation and not telling me. Yeah, I don’t know. I blame the Vicodin! Oh, sweet, sweet Vicodin ;)
04) I have to admit. I think my love for books is bordering on unhealthy obsession. I say this not 10 minutes after searching my bookshelf for something new to read and dropping three VERY big hardcovers right on my pinkie toe.
05) Oh and back to the Vicodin … I will also admit to working under the influence (though I took half a pill instead of the two pills I was taking at night) but the only horrible thing that happened, happened at 5am when I was alone, thank god. I had just put a rack of bread in the oven, closed the door, turned and … ran right into the proofer door, face first. I’m not 100% sure that I can blame that on Vicodin though since I’m a pretty huge klutz, but we can pretend, right?
06) But my favorite moment to have happen so far this week? Talking to a co-worker about how adorable I think one of our co-workers happens to be … and realizing that he was standing behind me the whole time, smirking. Please, let me fall through the floor now. [Read more…]