Almost two months to the day since I last blogged and it has been ridiculously intense. I would say sorry but honestly, I’m not. Sometimes you need a break, even an unplanned one, and sometimes you just need to not say sorry. Which is in fact a goal that I am working towards this year. Quit saying sorry. I seriously say it way too much. But moving on, this will probably be easiest done in list form. So I present to you:
The 5 Crazy Ridiculous Things That Have Happened The Last two Months
01) All the Single Ladies: Welp. I’m single again. I’m okay, honestly, and so is C. We’re still friends, we still talk. But we almost never saw each other because of our conflicting work schedules. Add to that the fact that he was never really willing to come to my area because he “doesn’t like it” plus the fact that he didn’t want children at all, after all, and well, that pretty much summed it up. Very sweet guy. In fact, probably the sweetest guy I’ve ever dated and he never cheated on me or hit me, so hey, aces! (The not cheating part is actually a first for me. Every ex of mine has.) I was sad, but I knew it was coming and I’m pretty sure he did too. I honestly wish him all the luck in finding a woman better matched for him and hope all the best for him. I’d be there for him if he needed me and I know he would for me. In fact, he’s already helped me out. Which brings us to number 2.
(How I spent my Valentine’s Day and my brand new tower!)
02) Welcome to the Future: I splurged and spent my tax return on myself. Completely and utterly. It’s also the first time in … oh about 8 years that I haven’t had to use my tax return to pay my rent or pay off late bills. So I treated myself to a brand new desktop PC. And I’m in love. I loved my laptop but I bought it in 2011 and it’s … really slow. Plus I used to be somewhat of a gamer and I missed playing games. My laptop couldn’t run them. Not easily anyway. So I made the leap. I will say, at first I regretted it. It came with Windows 10 installed and it was a FUCKING disaster. C, actually came to my rescue and fixed my new desktop, not once, but twice. And now with that poisonous WinBLOWS 10 off, and Windows 7 on it, I’ve not had one problem. And now I can easily blog without my pc lagging like crazy. YAY! And that’s partially why I was gone for so long. On that laptop, blogging became a chore and it should never be that way.
03) Just Call Me Troublemaker: I’ve mentioned before that there have been issues at my work. And sadly, they’ve continued. After the holidays, our manager stepped down and switched new departments and I was really happy to have someone knew. Plus we got a new food manager so I thought things would be turning around. They haven’t. It got to bad that I had to file a grievance against our food manager because he was giving me 24 hours and giving the newest (MALE) employee in our department, 40 hours. Which is against the union contract. So I’ve gotten my hours back but it feels like everyone hates. Said male employee barely talks to me. The food manager had me work 12 days straight and only gave me 3 days off in 21 days plus when I came down with a stomach bug (oh I wonder how I could have gotten sick…) he threw a fit that I called out. Our new manager seems to be buying into the story that I’m a huge troublemaker and has basically had me turn into Cinderella. Seriously, I do all the cleaning. All of it. It’s gotten so bad that my roommate, who is my co-worker (we coined the term “froomer” for friend-roommate-coworker) has actually decided to transfer to another store to get away from our food manager and our racist store manager. So why do I stay? I worked to hard to get the money that I make now, I have job security because no matter how much they hate it, I’ve never done anything wrong and I get medical. Full medical. Can’t leave that.
04) Blasts From The Past: In the last week, not one but TWO old flames have come back asking to talk to them again and/or date them again. I’m not interested. They’re in the past for a reason. But it’s a nice feeling when attractive men come back and tell you they need you in their lives again. For now though, I’m perfectly content to work hard, go on lots of long walks, cuddle up with my kitten Adonis and read or marathon the show GIRLS which I only keep watching because of Adam Driver’s character, Adam Sackler. Seriously. I want an Adam Sackler in my life. Boyfriend goals man. (At least for now – only on beginning of season 3 so no spoilers!)
05) The Light At The End: But it’s not all bad news. My new PC is up and running and kicks some major ass. I freaking love Skyrim! I’m finally able to start saving money. And it feels great. I have almost $300 in savings and all my bills are paid. It doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a nice feeling. And in less than a month, I’ll be on a flight to California! I’ll be seeing my uncle and cousin and their family and enjoy staying in San Marcos for a weekend, a weekend that I definitely deserve.
So, that’s my life. How has yours been? I’ve missed you guys! I want to hear all about your stories. I’ve had nothing but issues with my old comment system so for now, I have Disqus. I’d love it if you’d leave a comment and I WILL reply back! In the meantime, I leave you with this awesome playlist I found on 8 tracks. Give it a listen and enjoy!