I’m always telling my friends how it’s the little things in life that truly make me happy and give me the most enjoyment. I definitely need to start focusing on the positive things in my life, so I’ve started to chronicle the things that make me smile or bring me joy, each week.
01) Finding out that I was right about something all along – for the second month in a row.
02) Finally getting over bronchitis.
03) Finding a new antibiotic that doesn’t cause an allergic reaction. Always good!
04) Introducing someone to Harry Potter.
05) Coming up with a name for my bakery.
06) Printing off the forms for a business license.
07) Rediscovering what a social life is.
08) Making new friends – and actually doing things with them.
09) Experimenting with new recipes – and enjoying the results.
10) Being told that something I made was “a perfect combination of flavors that pleases the palate” by one of my managers – and then having him place an order with me.
11) Discovering that Red Velvet Poptarts are a thing.
12) Purely platonic sleepovers.
13) Long talks with one of my closest friends.
14) Brand new books. Psychological thrillers are fantastic.
15) Discovering every inch of my local library.
16) Smashbooking again – I’ve missed it.
17) Spinach and arugula salad – so yummy.
18) Dates with J – I’m enjoying getting to know him.
19) Boxing up things from someone I used to care about and removing them from my life.
20) Enjoying the fact that that same someone is out of my life. It has brought me much peace.