I both love and loathe my job.
I know that I’m not the only person to feel that way. And to be perfectly honest, overall, I absolutely love my job. But there are days where I literally cannot get out of the store fast enough.
Don’t get me wrong. I love working in the bakery.
– My co-workers are absolutely awesome and my boss is pretty kick-ass (And no, I’m not just saying that because several of them may know about my blog).
– I have made several fantastic friends here (in fact, I have a great little circle of friends that have become my best friends: Trouble/Twitchy, J and Blondie have been there for me like crazy and I love them for it).
– My discounts are pretty darn good.
– The walk to work is fantastic exercise.
– The store managers and store director know me by name and greet me daily.
– The PIC’s know I take pride in my work and know that they can count on me to do all of my work without checking up on me.
– My boss knows that I will never call out unless I physically cannot work and that’s a great feeling.
– My boss tells me when I screw up and when I do a great job. I love it because I know where I stand and I know what to work on. Constructive criticism is the best criticism.
But then there are certain things I cannot stand.
– The early morning hours. 3 or 4 am shifts are the worst, especially since I’m a night owl.
– My walk to work (while energizing and great exercise) are freaking creepy at 2 or 3am. It’s super dark and there are definitely some weirdos walking around.
– I wish my salary was higher. Especially since I bust my ass for the money that I make and I know several people with less experience that make more. Which definitely infuriates me when I hear them complaining about how little they make.
– One of the managers seems to hate me and even though I don’t particularly like them, I wish I knew why I bothered them so much. Oh well. Not much I can do about that if they won’t talk to me.
– Freight. I absolutely hate pulling the freight. It kills me at night. My knees start to give out, my back aches for hours and my arms feel like they’re about to fall off. I hope I adjust to it soon. Although …
– Perhaps I’d adjust to it faster if they’d stop playing with my schedule so much. I don’t mind closing. In fact, part of me prefers it because I can sleep in and stay up late. But when they make me close for two weeks and then throw me into the morning shift … my system gets totally out of whack.
I have no desire to leave my job. As I said before, overall, I absolutely love my job. But every once in awhile I just need to let off steam and vent about the things that bug me most about my job. Heck, everyone needs to. And boy, that DID feel good! :D
What are some of the things you both love and hate about your job? Feel free to let me know in a comment!